Thursday, August 8, 2013

Movin on Up

I got the official word yesterday that Abby will be moving up to the Older Infant class on the 19th. I'm not ready for this. This is suppose to happen when she's a year old. I've still got three months to prepare myself.

They are moving her now, because there is a large group of them at this stage and they would like to keep them together. I know this is what's right for Abby. Developmentally this is the best thing. She will be with kids and teachers that can teach her new things. But I'm just sad that she's leaving the baby room.

I love her room teachers. Even though Peggy left a few weeks ago. They are always so sweet with her. I know every teacher will be like that, but this is the first non family member I trusted with my childs care. They know her, I know them, they know me.

Mostly, I am just stubborn to change. I always have been, and I certainly hope this isn't a trait I passed on to Abby. So the best thing I can do is suck it up and put a smile on my face.

I get to meet the new teachers next week, and take a peek at her room. Its just next door to her old room. It sounds like it will be a little more structured. Which I guess she is starting to need. I'm hoping there is some flexibily. I feel like she is still young and still has needs. The schedule only lists one nap time, and she does better with two. It does say they will nap, change, and feed, as needed for each child, but I just don't want Abby to be the burden or the outlier. I know that's just my crazy mom brain and it won't be that way. I know initially taking her there I laughed at their "schedule" but she really has molded well to their schedule. Whatever crazy thing that might be.

Argh... somebody hold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment