Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Everything is coming up roses

On my way home Monday, I got a text from Abby's teacher that Abby had a rash. Bummer

When I got there, they showed it to my. She was pink and blotchy all over her stomach and back. She wouldn't be allowed to come back without a doctors note.

So I stayed home yesterday morning to take her to the peditrician. Our appointment was at 11:30. I arrived a little early, hoping to be seen a little sooner, but it didn't work out like that. We waited for 40 minutes. Thankfully Abby is a content baby and she played and ate snacks.

We discussed with the doctor her symptoms. Nothing really, she seemed ok, maybe a little fussy here and there, but nothing grossly diverging from her personality. I commented in the previous fever and we hadn't had any problems with it since Saturday night. He checked her all out. She hates the tongue depressor, but who doesn't.

She told us she has Roseola and the rash should go away in 2-3 days. Apparently its a viral thing, with the onset of a high fever, that abruptly leaves, and then is followed by a blotchy rash. Sounds like her symptoms to me! No treatments necessary, she can return to daycare immediately.

I know that daycare is a sesspool of germs. But, I'm so tired of catching everything! I hope that eventually things will level out and we won't be sick every other week. I really hate using my time off for these things, although I love being home with Abby, but I would rather take my time off and do special, fun things. Not sit at home and do chores!

No comments:

Post a Comment