Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What is it about churches?

Abby had her end of the year program at daycare last night.  We went, only because each infant gets introduced to everyone.  Her class didn't "do" anything, but they wanted all the kids to participate, so we went.

It was at her cranky time.  I fed her before we left home, but she didn't have time for her cat nap, so she was extremely fussy.  She also seemed to be running a fever. 

Each class did a song for the parents.  Then, before they handed out diplomas to the 4 year olds, they showed a video of all the kids.  Abby got to be the first one they showed!  Her perfect little smile opened the show.  As the video kept rolling and the music played, I couldn't help but tear up.  Sitting in the church pew, I thanked God one more time for giving me my miracle. 

The second song they play was Darius Rucker's, She won't be like this for long.  That hit me even harder.  She's growing so fast.  Soon that will be her walking across the stage getting her diploma.  I could have ugly cried right there in the pew.  I held myself together because I didn't want anyone else to see me!  How embarrassing.  Gene was the only one that saw me.  He confessed he got a little choked up too.

Development happens so fast.  Growing happens so fast. JJ will finish 6th grade next week.  SIXTH!  He's almost taller than me.  He likes girls, and clothes, and texting his friends.  He eats like a horse.  He likes to stay up late and sleep in.  He's smart, but not sassy.  And, he loves his sister.  He's so proud of her.  I love seeing them grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment