Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tiny Tot

At Abby's check up yesterday, she weighed in at 12 pounds, 14 ounces.  Almost double her birth weight.  Still in the lower percentiles, at 2%.  But her curve is increasing, so that's good.

Her height was 24.5 inches.  Which also is in the lower percentiles, 3%, but it also is going up. 

We've been okayed to eat all she wants.  She just needs to consume 16-24 ounces of formula, or breastmilk a day.  Its mostly formula now.  I'm almost dried up.  We travelled last week and that put a hurting on my supply.  She doesn't seem to mind though.  She'll take whatever she can get.  She can put back some food.  I was worried that I was feeding her too much, but the pediatrician said to just give her what she wants.  As long as she's getting the required amount of fluid, the rest is up to her.  He also gave us freedom to puree table food for her.  To me that sounds gross, but we might give it a try with meat.  He said baby food meat is awful, which I can imagine.  I'll have to cook her up some chicken or steak to try.

We can also introduce a sippy cup and some water.  Wow!  Who knew those things started this early.  But I'm glad that she will be able to have something when we go to the beach in a few weeks.  I will try to keep her as hydrated as possible, but somehow drinking milk in the warm beach air just doesn't sound appealing to me!

She handled her shots well.  She did cry, but she got over it quickly.  She was fussy the rest of the evening and she didn't sleep well.  But I think she was also having tummy troubles. 

She passed her check up with flying colors.  All her systems looked great.  Still no teeth, but maybe those will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment