Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Say what? Huh?

Can you speak up, I can't hear you?

I'm still in ear hell.  The week of antibiotics and steroids has ended.  It still feels like there is a swimming pool behind my ear.  Also now there is a loud constant ring.  And.... I can't hear jack squat out of it.  So I'm constantly asking people to repeat themselves.  Which just frustrates me!  If I lay on my left side at night, I am completely deaf to Gene's snoring and Abby's crying.  I guess that's a good thing, but its really freaky how different the hearing between the two ears is.

I don't go back to the ENT till next Thursday.  I'm pretty sure a tube is in my future.  I kinda wish we would have done it last week and gotten it over with.  I was going to ask about that, but the doctor never came back.  The nurse brought me the script and shuttled me on my way.  I just went with it.  I should have known better.  But I guess the conservative approach is always what's best to do. 

My milk has tanked because of all this.  Not like my milk was good before hand.  I'm not pumping much at all.  I noticed this weekend Abby seemed to be snacking more.  I wondered if she was intentionally doing it or there just wasn't enough for her to continue.  I gave her a bottle and she drank the whole thing up.  I guess she just didn't have enough.  :(  I've been so bad with my fluid intake.  I know that's not helping either.  Ahhhh.....

It might be time to think about weaning.  Or daytime weaning.  She's back to getting up once a night now.  I still love to nurse at night.  I'm not ready to give that up. I guess its time to research the next step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment