Friday, April 5, 2013

5

Baby Girl, today you are 5 months old.  One full hand.  5 glorious months.

You were all smiles this morning.  Cooing and snuggling up to me.  You've really found your voice and you like it.  You've also discovered how to blow bubbles and make raspberries. You entertain yourself by making sounds over and over.  You'll talk to anybody that will listen.  You will also smile at anyone who looks at you.  People are always amazed on how pleasant you are.

You love your feet.  You can get your feet in your mouth now.  You find socks challenging, but you know if you grasp at them long enough, they will come off and your precious piggies will come back to you.

You love to sit at the bar and eat.  You know when you sit in the high chair that good things are coming.  You sit up like a big girl.  You devour your cereal.  You open your mouth wide and you're able to keep most of it in your mouth.  You get easily distracted while eating, but that's ok.  There is plenty of time to work on that.

You still have trouble with nights.  You are up every 3 hours for a snack.  Part of it, I think, is my fault, and I'm worried you aren't getting enough to eat.  With the addition of cereal, you are able to go a little longer, but after that, you often wake up several more times. You've also discovered that when you wake at night, you can play with your feet.  I've started to turn you on your side, so you aren't encouraged to play.  You seem to like this and sleep peacefully.  Often, when I go to check on you, you've already rolled yourself back to your back.

Speaking of rolling, you are the master now.  Last night you did it several times. Daddy even got to see it!  You are becoming Miss Independent.  You'll be up and moving in no time.  I'm not sure I am ready. You also like to sit up, athough you can't do it on your own yet.  When you are laying down, you will pull your neck up, trying to get your mid section up right.  It looks like you are doing crunches!

Spring is here and I'm hoping we will get to spend more time outdoors.  I think we will go by you and outdoor swing this weekend.  You enjoy movement and I think it would be good for all of us to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

You are still a tiny little thing.  Your 0-3 month clothes still have some room in them.  The head hole in some of the things are getting small, you don't like it at all when its snug coming over your face.  I'm still buying size 1 diapers. Although at night I think I might go up to a 2, but I'm not decided on that yet.  I can't wait for you to get a little bigger so you can start wearing all the cute 3-6 month things Nana has gotten for you.

I can't believe its been 5 months already.  Soon it will be 6 months, one half of a year. I have the picture on my desk of the first moment I saw you.  I really does seem like just yesterday. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment