Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Knock on Wood

Last night was the night.  The very first night Abby slept through the night.  (There was an instance a few weeks ago, that she did it, but I was holding her most of the night, or she was sleeping with us, so Gene says that doesn't count). 

But last night, she went to bed at 8 and didn't wake up till 6.  Even at 6, I fed her and she went right back to sleep while I got ready for work.  If we could push that till 7, that would great, but right now I'm just thankful we got through one night.  For the past few nights, she's only woken up once, so this isn't a abrupt transition.

I did wake up around 4:30 in a panic.  I didn't go check on her, I told myself she was fine and to let her be.  After stirring for a hour, I finally did check and of course she was fine. 

She has really adapted to sleeping on her side.  They may be the trick, in combo with the full cereal belly.  She can't kick her legs around and distract herself as much on her side.  Since I know she can roll back if she needs or wants to, I'm not worried.  This also help the pacifier stay in better.  It gets stopped by the mattress, so there isn't as much give when she tries to spit it out.

Knock on wood that this is a continuing trend. I'm hoping we've found a routine, one that works for all of us.  I've been sleep deprived for so long, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all my rest.  (I didn't even wake up to go to the bathroom, that hasn't happen since early in the pregnancy!) 

Oh please let the 4 month wakeful, sicky sleep, not full tummy, sleep problems all go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment