Monday, June 25, 2012

Lost

Today is my first day at work with out my work BFF.  She resigned last week and friday was her last day.  Right now it just feels like she's on vacation.  I know in a week or two it will sink in.

She was the only female in the department when I got here.  A year after I was here, she moved to another department, but became my savior when I was stuck in testorone hell.  She was like the big sister I didn't have.  She offered me dating advice.  She was the first to know about Gene and I.  Gene actually went to her and asked if she thought it was a good idea.  She claims she could tell by the way we looked at each other that something was there.

She helped pick out my engagement ring.  She was a bridemaid at our wedding.  One of her first dates with her husband was our wedding. 

She was there for me the day I told her we would be seeing a specalist.  And then the day when  told her it wouldn't be easy.  She was there for me during every high and every sad low.  She cried in my office with me after every heartbreak.  But, she never gave up hope that one day we would have our baby.

She cried tears of joy with me the day I showed her my pee stick photo.  She kept my secret for several weeks before exploding at the seems with excitement when I finally told her we could tell people.

It will be hard to navigate the next few months without her.  There are so many things I still need help with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment