Thursday, June 21, 2012

Busted

The other night, I  was awoken in bed by one of the many urges to pee. I tried to suppress it.  I laid there, really still.  Then I felt this rubbing on my belly.  Soft little taps.  Gene was still awake and he was patting my belly.

I told him the next day that I felt him do that.  He say, "Yeah, I do that a lot."  Hrmm.... news to me.  I've always been a heavy sleeper though. 

I find this to be the cutest thing ever.  That before he falls asleep, during the quiet of the night, he takes the time to pat my belly and tell Olive goodnight.

Yesterday he told me he thought he felt some movement.  I dunno if what I've been feeling is movement or not.  It does feel like a flutter below my belly button.  But, again I'm paranoid that something is not going right so I don't know what to believe.  I don't want to think I'm making it up, and then again I don't want to think I'm not feeling things.  I'm just past 18 weeks, so its still early for a newbie like me to feel anything. 

Its sweet to think that Gene spends the time at night bonding.  He's waited for this moment longer than I have.  He had once given up hope of it ever happening and was on the verge of losing hope again.  I can't wait to see him interact with a newborn. I can't wait to see them cuddled up on the couch together.  Sweet little baby cheeks resting against his chest. 

Sometimes I don't know how he feels about having a baby.  He's always wanted a biological child, and he's always wanted a sibling for JJ.  I know he's older now, and starting over with a baby is scary.  He's worried about being the old dad at soccer games, or dance recitals.  Thankfully, him and I don't look anywhere close to our real ages.  I don't think he will need to worry about that.  He's going to be an awesome dad.  He already is.

No comments:

Post a Comment