Friday, May 11, 2012

Big Sigh

Today was our NT scan.  I've had no symptoms to think things weren't going well, but I still couldn't let go of the feeling that something can still go wrong.  I really think the Celexa has helped me not go over the edge, which I'm glad to have.

We had to wait a while for the ultrasound room to be ready.  I wasn't nervous, but I wasn't excited.  Once she pressed the wand to my belly, and I saw the blob appear, and then I heard the heartbeat, I knew it was all real now. 
olive 12w4d 2
It was so cool to see how much its changed in just three weeks.  We could see arms and legs.  Fingers and toes. The head looked good.  We could see eye sockets and the heart.  Baby was being a little stubborn and it wouldn't move around and get in the right position.  But, with enough poking, it finally moved.  I hadn't really eaten anything for a while, so next time I will make sure to have something to excite it. 

olive 12w4d 

The tech was able to give us an guesstimate on the gender.  At this point it really is just a guess because you can't tell, but she's detecting girl.  The doctor said she usually is pretty accurate, but we will have to wait a few more weeks to find out.  Either way we are excited, but we've been feeling like its a girl.

I feel safe now.  I know things can still happen, but I know that the largest hurdle is over.  I plan on telling the boss on Monday.  I've heard I'm being questioned in the rumor mill, so I better do it soon.  I know I can't continue to hide behind over sized cardigans and little weight jackets. 

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment