Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3 years

Today is my anniversary.  Gene and I married 3 years ago today.  It was such a happy day.  We were so eager to start our lives together.  Although we had been engaged for over a year, and living together at that time.

We were eager to finish our house, be successful in our careers, and start a family.  We were naive to believe that all of that would happen so quickly.  The first blow was Gene losing his job the day we returned from our honeymoon.  What a way to start your new life together.  But, it worked out for the best.  We couldn't be happier with the success of his business.

Once we started fertility treatments, house plans were put on hold.  Small things could get done, but most of the money saved up, went to finance treatments.  It was a painful decision, but we knew we would be in the house for forever, so time wasn't an issue.

6 months after we were married, we decided to start a family.  We were also naive to think that we wouldn't have any problems.  I knew that it could take a while, but after the first year past, I knew we had problems.

I know the journey we have been on has only made us stronger. I would change a thing about it, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  The emotional roller coaster is not a ride I enjoyed. 

I feel blessed to be were we are today.  Joyously celebrating 3 years, and looking forward to becoming a family of 4. It hard to believe that we've been through so much in such a short time.  I hope the next few years are a little less stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment