Monday, April 2, 2012

In case you are wondering, he's still there

My friend the elephant, that is.  He's no longer sitting in my lap.  He hangs out beside me.  I've got Woody on one side and the elephant on the other.  I feel like he's just waiting for his turn to come back.

Is it wrong to think like that.  I can't help but fee anxious after everything we've been through.  I'm in unchartered territory.  Why can't I just let it all go and enjoy this time?  I am enjoying it, but for all the moments I am happy (or feeling icky), I'm having moments of doubts. 

I've talked with others who have been here.  Its common.  But I just feel so wrong.  I want to be naive.  I want to walk through the baby section of Target and actually stop and look at things and start to plan.  I at least give myself credit for finally walking through the section instead of avoiding it. 

I know its early, and I've got a long way to go, so I don't need to do anything major right away.  I'm 7 weeks today.  We get to see peanut again tomorrow.  Maybe that will put my mind at east.  Although, I know that might be the last ultrasound for a few weeks. 

If I can make it through April, I'll be ok.  I've got a lot to keep me busy, so I have plenty to look forward to. Me and my elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment