Monday, March 19, 2012

Up, Up and Away!

Toady's Beta= 3411!  That's fantastic!  The nurse seems pleased that things are moving right on track. 

I'm holding myself together.  I had a little (ok, it really wasn't so little) freak out yesterday.  I'm prone to anxiety problems, and I worked myself into a good one.  I know my body is going to change, a lot, over the next few weeks, doing different things at different times.  Yesterday, my body changed and I panicked.  I went from crampy to just sore and achy.  Some pinching, but nothing sharp, or stabbing, or take my breath away. But it was a difference.

I assumed the worst and then couldn't get myself settled.  I found some good distractions and some time with my feet up in the recliner to be good medicine. 

I spoke with the nurse today about my anxiety.  She said its normal, and certainly for someone who has been through all I've been through.  She said she could call me in something.  Its better to control it then let it spiral out of control. I'm all for better living through chemistry.

I honestly feel better knowing the beta results from today. I know its going to be another 9 months of hurry up and wait.  I'm not patient at patience.  I just have to keep myself from going over the edge (which means staying away from Dr. Google!)



No comments:

Post a Comment