Friday, March 16, 2012

Gut feelings

I got a phone call last night.  I hesitated to answer because it came up a Blocked.  I love caller ID and I'm not afraid to not answer if I see its someone I don't want to talk to.  I don't like when it says Blocked because its pot luck on who it could be.

But, my gut told me to answer it.  And I'm glad I did.  It was Dr. Miller calling to congratulate us.  He had been out of the office all week, but the nurse called to tell him the news.  He was thrilled, and shocked, and very encouraging. 

He said these things can happen.  They don't happen often, but they can happen.  After months of what seemed like we were chasing one new thing after another, here we are.  It was wonderful to hear his voice and know that they are going to continue to take care of us.

My biggest fear yesterday was that I was going to be left alone.  After all, this was a surprise.  Why would they feel the need to continue to see me?  Wouldn't I be considered like any other pregnant woman? 

No, he reassured me that they would continue to monitor my blood work, and he would see me at my first ultrasound!

I feel blessed to have such a great staff of doctors and nurses really looking out for my well being. Everyone in the office knows me, and every single one cares about me. Its not a small office either.

No comments:

Post a Comment