Monday, August 18, 2014

Mooo-ving up!

Today is the first day of school.  JJ starts the 8th grade.. yes 8.  The last year of middle school.  Next year is going to be very exciting.

Abby has moved up as well.  Across the hall, to a new classroom.  The older toddler class.  They've created this year because there is a small group that just don't seem to fit in anywhere.  There are 5 kids in her class (including her).  The four girls are all within 2 weeks of each other (three of them have been together since they were babies), and the one boy is just two months older. Her teachers Ms Missy, and Ms Kelly, are coming across the hall with them.

I am very excited for this year.  It seems like there is more structured activities.  They will do "work".

Abby is very eager to learn and it excites me that they are accommodating that.  I know many centers that would just continue to bunch the toddlers together and let them just play all day.  There is such a big difference in development throughout the toddler years, I'm glad its being recognized, and she being rewarded!

Her new classroom has a farm theme.  Abby loves farm animals (am-mals).  Today she wore her John Deere Tractor smock dress.  I found it fitting.  Its a little much for school wear, or at least this time of year when they are still on the playground.  But, I couldn't turn down the opportunity to make her look cute on her first day.  I'm probably making too big of a deal out of it, but I'm only going to do this once, so I might as well go all out!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment