Monday, August 11, 2014

Table for Zero

Going out to eat has become a hassle.  Its not enjoyable, mostly for me.

Abby doesn't want to sit in the high chair.  Abby doesn't want to wait for food.  Abby wants to drink your drink.  Abby wants to play with the knife.  Abby wants to eat the napkin.  Abby wants to watch Barney.  Abby wants to.....

Its just so stressful.  And embarrassing.  She isn't loud, but its constant.  And I feel like I don't get a break.  And when its with friends, its even more exhausting.  I don't feel like I get to talk to them at all.  I feel embarrassed that they have to deal with her too.  And they don't often mind, or even notice.  And when we don't bring her along, they want to know where she is and they say they miss her.

Gene does his best to help out, but Abby is so clingy to me that is efforts usually don't last long.

Its just not fun anymore.  We don't go out much now, but I see that going down to never really soon.  Or at least trying to make it as avoidable as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment