Thursday, September 4, 2014

Full House

Last week I got a call from Grammy.  Really random and quite alarming.  Grammy never calls me.. first thought was I hope everything is ok.

Grammy asks how things are and how things are going.  I've just taken Abby out of the bath so we are buck naked in her room.  She asks me what I'm doing for Labor Day weekend (which is the next weekend).  I tell her Mom and Dad are coming.  We plan on swimming in the pool and watching football.  I ask her what she's doing.  She asks me is its ok for her and Uncle Tim to come for a visit.

I'm floored!  Of course its ok!  I'm never going to tell Grammy she can't come. 

Her and Tim arrive on Thursday.  After a long drive from Pittsburgh, in a car with no air conditioning. They are frazzled, but glad to be here.

Mom and Dad arrive Friday evening, and my house is full. 

Its a heartwarming feeling knowing having generations of family in your house.

Abby completely loved having everyone spoil her for the weekend.  She loved playing with Gam-my and Uncle Bimbo (Timbo). Nina and Dodah were a big hit too.

We watched football.  We took a boat ride. We ate birthday cake.  We had a good time.

Abby has gotten to see her great grandmother three times this year.  That's more than I've ever gotten.  I'm so glad she gets to be a part of Abby's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment