Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Believe

This morning I opened my jewelry box and picked out a necklace I hadn't worn in while. It had gotten push aside, crumpled in to a little heap towards the back of the box. But this morning, I chose it. And once I put it on, I remembered how powerful it was.

This morning I put on my believe necklace. One that I wore many times during the darkest of times, and one I wore many times during the 40 weeks of unknown. But we are approaching a year, and its a good reminder to myself of the long road I've come down.

Everything changed a year ago and dreams became reality. Everything that we had worked so hard for, and prayed so hard for, had come true. I was a mother. We were a family. I knew that it was all possible because I never stopped believing that it could happen.

I snuggled with Abby last night while she drifted to sleep, counting my blessings with each breath that she took. I soaked it in, and I know the next year will go as fast as the first. She will grow up, and she will have hopes and dreams of her own. I can only hope that I can instill in her the same willingness to believe in herself, and in her faith, that things will happen. Maybe not always as planned, but maybe I can also teach her not to be the OCD planner that I am, and relax sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment