Monday, October 13, 2014

T-I-G-E-R-S

Every year, the rowing alumni plans a weekend to get together.  Last year, after the Georgia game was a disaster with Abby, I opted out.  But this year, I was determined to go, and show her off.

I worried leading up to the day that she wouldn't be able to handle it.  Its a long day for anyone, and I couldn't imagine how it would be for a toddler.  The game was a 3:30, so that meant she probably wouldn't take a nap.

She did sleep some on the ride there.  It took us just under an hour to get there, so she did get some sleep in.  Thankfully this year, the weather was nicer to us.  It was cool and breezy.  We were able to get by with pants and long sleeves and be comfortable.

Abby learned quickly where all the sweet snacks were at the tailgate.  She ate more cookies, cupcakes, and brownies that day, but she was being content, so I let it go.

She travelled well from tailgate to tailgate.  She looked so cute in her cheerleader outfit.  She got many comments from many fans.

I was worried that she wouldn't like the noise in the stadium.  But, she did very well.  She even started to dance to the music of the band.  She would clap along and jump up and down.

I could tell she was tired, but she was holding on.  She would put her head down every once in a while, but the noise would start up and she would perk up.

We ended up leaving around 8, and she was asleep before we even got off campus. 

I couldn't have been happier at how good she was and how easy she made it.  Joejee was also there to help and that made it easier too.  Abby really enjoyed having Bubbie along for the adventure.

It makes me thankful that I have the ability to do something like this.  It isn't that far for us so its easy to get up and go.  And we have many friends who are there, so we can spend the day travelling around and not feel tied down to one place.

I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment