Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Halloween

I had a hard time deciding what Abby should be for Halloween.  I'm sure she would be fine with anything, but I wanted it to be something that fit her.  I loved the idea of her being Cookie Monster, but she's not big in Sesame Street yet, and I was afraid that she wouldn't want to wear the cookie monster hood, making her then just a blue blob.  (I also was concerned about the temperature, because it has been known to be hot on halloween).

I thought about making her a cat.  She loves cats.  But I didn't like any of the cat costumes I saw. 

She recently has become interested in watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She asks for "Minnie Mouse".  So it seemed fitting to dress her as minnie mouse.

She did great wanting to wear the costume.  She even knew she had to keep the ears on.  We practiced for weeks to say Trick or Treat.

She got good experience the day before at Daycare.  They did a dress up day and trick or treated from classroom to classroom.  She seemed to enjoy it and was ready for Halloween.

We got dressed in the costume a little early.  I was afraid it would be on too long and she would want to take it off before we even got to Brown Avenue, but she did great. We had to dress in layers because it was chilly.  But she didn't seem to mind the extras. 

We started at First Baptist, trunk or treat.  It was more for show and tell than for candy getting.  Shirley had a great time taking her from car to car, showing her off. She enjoyed riding the train around the parking lot.  I was impressed that she patiently waited her turn.  Then she got on with no problems and rode around without a peep.

We walked up Brown Avenue to a few houses.  I wasn't going to bother going to all of them.  I just wanted the people who know her to see her.  She was very shy, but smiled and seemed to enjoy it.

She loved getting candy in her pumpkin and enjoyed eating it at the end of the night. Joejee also enjoyed eating the candy that she got. 

Its fun watching her grow and enjoy these holiday events more.  Its making me very excited for Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment