Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day

I wish for it every year, and then when it finally comes, I wish it would go away.  The only reason its stressful is because of work.  They don't ever close the hospital, so you never know if you really need to come in or not.  Living out in the sticks, its always a gamble on if you can get it and how long it might take you.

It snowed yesterday.  They closed schools and daycare at noon.  It started snowing around 2.  I left work at 4:30.  There was already good acculumation on the ground when I got home.  I was eager to get home to have fun with the family.  We all bundled up as soon as I got there and headed outside.

Abby seemed interested at first, and then she changed her mind.  She as a little top heavy from all the hats and coats.  I don't think she liked that.  Every time she tried to take a step, she would lose her balance and fall.  Snow got into her sleeves and her pant legs and that upset her.  That really upset her.  She didn't like the cold one bit. 

I did get the chance to take several pictures.  She was non compliant with smiling, but that just adds to the memory.  I was most proud of getting a new family photo.  I now have one of us in the snow to replace the one of us at the beach this summer. 

Its amazing that that was just 6 months ago.  And in 6 months, it will be just as hot again.  Right now, I'm over winter.  I've seen the snow, so I'm good.  I like the way it looks, and I like being outside in it (for a while), but I don't like the stress is causes on me.  Someday maybe I won't have that problem and I can enjoy the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment