Tuesday, January 7, 2014

More

Abby has never been a great eater, but she eats.  She hasn't become too picky.  Although I'm discovering there are foods she doesn't like to eat (strawberries, grapes).   She's usually up to whatever is on her tray. 

Its hard to come up with ideas on what she should eat.  Mostly because she only has a few teeth, so she can't chew a lot.  Breakfast is also hard because I like it to be something she can feed herself.  I'm busy getting my breakfast and getting things ready for the day.  I don't have time to sit and spoon feed her. 

This morning I tried some pancakes.  I found mini pancakes in the freezer section of the store and thought they would be good for her.  (And JJ too, he loves them).  I heated up two for her this morning, drizzled them with a bit of syrup and then cut them in to pieces for her.

I went on about my morning business. Then I heard her little voice.  "Ma"  "Ma"  uhh uhh "Ma".  I look over and she's signing "More" to me.  She wanted more pancakes!  Of course you can have more! I was so excited to see her communicate with me.  On her own terms.  She can often mimic responses, but I've never seen her initiate communication.

I took two more out and heated them up.  She gobbled those up almost instantly.  She shoveled so many pieces in her mouth she could hardly chew.

I guess I have another item I can add to the breakfast (or dinner!) menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment