Monday, December 23, 2013

Verbal explosion

Something happened over the weekend.  Maybe I just made myself more aware, maybe the light went off, but it seems that Abby has more to say these days.

As I was changing her diaper this weekend, I noticed her jabbering and pointing at her face.  When I listened to what she was saying, you could hear her little voice saying "nose, nose, nose".  She was pointing at her nose and telling me.  So I told her she was right and asked her where her eye was, and she pointed to her eye, and said "eye".

She's mastered hi and buh-bye.  Buh-bye could also be baby.  The girls in her class are obsessed with baby dolls. One has one she sleeps with and all the others want to play with it when nap time is over.  Abby will find her dolls around the house and carry it.  You can sing "Rock A Bye Baby" to her and she will rock her baby.

She is still just on the cusp of Mama and Dada.  She can say Bub Bub, which is Bubbie. 

She can say No, but I don't think she grasp what that means.  She will turn her head, or pushing something away if she doesn't want it, so she has her own opinions.

She knows Ut Oh and uses it whenever she drops something.

She often babbles, looking at you seriously like you should know what she's talking about.  We often reciprocate with something we've made up. She seems content with that and carries on.

I love watching her language develop.  It makes things so much easier than trying to read her mind. I know once she starts talking, she probably won't be quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment