Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hello there bearded man

We took Abby to see Santa this weekend.  Her experiences this year have been hit or miss.  We are 1 and 1 on the tears when spotting Santa.  I didn't know what to expect from the "official" visit, but I didn't hold my breath.

We planned to go Sunday afternoon.  I wanted to make sure she had a nap, and was fed.  We arrived at the mall around 4.  I lingered in a few shops till the boys were able to meet up.  (I should have gone straight to the line).

We waited in line for over an hour.  An hour.. for a toddler, who cannot speak, to see a man she has no idea about!  But its more the memories, right?!?!

When we on deck, Gene began to play with her and get her excited.  We were ushered into Santa's area.  I walked in with her and talked to Santa.  She clung to me, but would look at him.  I got down on my knees so she could see him better.  I slowly transitioned her over to his knee and then I backed away so they could take her picture.

She sat there dumbfounded.  Afraid to move, or smile.  They encouraged me to try a tickle, so I did.  Instant smile.  But she wasn't looking at the camera.  I try again, and Bingo! 

Priceless!

I run over to praise her and we talk some to Santa.  He promises her she will get all the things she wants this year. 

I get my prints and we head home. 

She's out before we leave the mall parking lot.

And I was one happy mama! 

I wouldn't have cared if she had a meltdown, but she's so personable with everyone.  Her Santa picture fits her.  That is the Abby that everyone knows and loves.

 
Merry Christmas Abby!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment