Monday, December 2, 2013

Test Run

Last night at church, Santa stopped by for a visit.  I took Abby to see how she would do.   We are planning to go to the mall to see Santa and take fancy pictures, but I was curious to see how see would act.

She's not afraid of strangers.  And strangers with glasses and a beard don't bother her.  That's what Grandpa looks like. 

We were sitting in the back of the fellowship hall when I heard him enter.  I watched her face.  Her eyes got big.  Then she followed him as went to sit by the tree to read a story.  She sat contently as he read the story.  Not moving at all, just watching him.

We waited for the older kids to sit on his lap and say hello.  She continued to watch him. 

She sat on his lap with no problems.  She even smiled at me and my camera. Not one peep out of her.

I hope the real thing goes that smoothly.  I don't have a plan for that yet.  We will probably go next week after work.  Weekends are always busy this time of year.  JJ wants to go with us, so I will need to coordinate that.  I doubt he will sit with her, but its good to have him there just in case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment