Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Oh, so that's why

When shopping for maternity clothes, I was befuddled to find that most every shirt was a v neck or a deep scoop.  I'm not a large chested girl, so I found it frustrating to find something that I felt comfortable in.  That was also appropriate to wear to work (at a children's hospital).

Once I started breastfeeding it all made sense.  Its so much easier to nurse with a scoop or v neck!  A regular neck you have to lift your shirt up and bunch it under your chin.  Which I found very uncomfortable and awkward.  (It might be better now that I have a better feeling about latching and how to hold her while she's feeding).  But with a v-neck, just pull that puppy down and pop out the boob!  So much easier!

I also found it better to wear camisoles that don't have the built in shelf bra.  That too just got bunched up under my chin and drove me nuts! 

Needless to say, I needed to invest in some new things in order to help me feed Abby better. And now I have the cleavage to show off a v neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment