Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day two

Today is harder than yesterday.  It was harder to get up. Yesterday it felt like I only had to do it for one day.  I think I convinced myself that it was a one day thing, which made today even worse. 

Abby was awake when I dropped her off today.  She was happy and smiling and I just wanted to play with her.  She did great yesterday.  She took her bottles well.  She didn't cry or fuss.  She napped.  Its all a mother could ask for.

I think its hard on my because I tend to have frequent periods of downtime at work.  During the times yesterday I couldn't but help to think about what I could be doing at home.  I could be playing with Abby.  I could be helping Gene.  I could be running errands with Abby in the moby.  I tried to distract myself with the Internet and counting down the hours.  It helped go faster when I counted down to each pumping session. 

Pumping every three hours gives me three times a day that I can relax and just focus on what I can do at work for Abby.  I look through my phone pictures, watch some videos I made of her.  Imagine we are snuggling in the chair.

Some say it gets easier over time, but I'm not sure it will.  I think it will always be hard, I'll just have to adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment