Monday, June 17, 2013

Bronze Goddess

While I was pregnant, Gene and I would fantasize about what features Abby might have and which traits each of us had that we would want her to have.

There were things we knew she would get just because the gene pool was limited... like her brown hair and her small stature. 

But, Gene wanted her to have my eyes- yep.. she's got the baby blues

And I wanted her to have Gene's skin tone.  Gene can tan under a table lamp.  He immediately turns brown.  Its ridiculous how tan he can get in no time.  He always has a warm glow to him.  All I do is burn! 

Well, after a week at the beach, its safe to say she's got his color.  She's a nice toasty color all over.  Even with applying and reapplying SPF 50 all the time on her.  She just soaks in the rays.  It really makes her blue eyes pop.

She loves the sun.  She loved the sand and the surf.  The experience was enjoyable for everyone.  We received so many compliments on how cute she was.  I couldn't help but smile.  Yes, she's cute, and no I'm not partial.  Ok, maybe just a little.  I did compare her to other babies out there, and yes, she was the cutest.  But who doesn't love it when a toothless, blue eyed beauty smiles and coos at you. 

We're raising a water baby, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment