Friday, November 13, 2015

Time for your Check Up

Its hard to believe its that time again.  Another 365 days as come and gone.  You are now 3.  Three years since I welcomed you into my arms, three years since you changed our world.

Two was a big year.  Your vocabulary exploded!  You are quite the talker!  You love to tell me things.  You talk about school, your friends, things you've learned, stuff you've heard, Woody, Bubby, just about anything.  Sometimes I have to ask you to be quiet because I need a moment to think.  Then I get sad at the silence and miss your little voice.  You can pronounce most things correctly, but still have some unique sayings.  Pat-a-piller is my favorite.  Followed by Opp-a-pus. The rl sound tricks you up, like in girl and squirrel.  It comes out more like ra, so gi-ra; and squr-ra.

You got potty trained this year.  You became a big girl and you learned to go potty.  Its been pretty easy since.  We've had minimal accidents.  You are usually pretty easy to take out in public and not worry about having problems.  Although you do get shy and have trouble going sometimes in public.  You also thought it was fun to show off your panties to the boys at school one day. 

You became imaginative.  You love to create.  You like to pretend to make us food.  You like to pretend to read to your friends, or teach school.  I enjoy finding you enthralled in your own little world, quietly talking to yourself, playing peacefully!

You love for your brother grew bigger and bigger.  There will always be a bond between you two.  But this year, I saw you figure out who he is.  He's your playmate, and your protector.  He's your friend and your hero.  You love when he's around and you miss him tremendously when he's not there.  It breaks my heart to hear you cry for him.  Lord only knows how we will handle college.  Bubbie better not go to far!

Two is out and three is in.  You were up to 26 pounds at your check up!  36 inches tall.  Still petite, and still powerful!  My little mighty might is doing just fine.  We have a pretty good year (knock on wood) health wise. No major troubles and really only a few sick kid visits.  A few sniffles here and there, but nothing major.  I'm still hoping you got your Daddy's immune system.

You did something amazing at your check up.  You gave up your paci.  Going into the appointment, you weren't into it.  But when approached by Dr. Hart, you gladly gave it to him.  He showed you where he would keep it.  He put your name on it and placed it on his desk.  We left and it stayed.  We didn't talk about it again.  Then at bed time, it hit you what you did.  You went looking for it in your bed, like you always do, and I told you it wasn't there.  We gave it away.  We didn't have it anymore.  You were devastated.  And that's an understatement.  I've never seen you so upset.  You were heart broken, really heartbroken.  And so was I.  How terrible of me!  I made you give up something you loved so much.  I hugged you and let you cry it out.  I told you it would be alright and how proud I was of you.  I stroked your hair and rubbed your back.  Bed time wasn't easy.  You did wonderfully during the night.  You didn't ask for it once.  You woke up happy and not concerned for it at all. 
Who knows what the next nights will bring.  This all happened last night.  I'm hoping it will get easier and eventually you won't remember having on at all. 

365 of awesomeness and excitement.  12 months of fun and memories.  Two has been great.  We've all grown over the last year.  But I'm looking forward to three and the new things that three will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment