Monday, June 30, 2014

Flower Girl

This past weekend was Jerry's wedding.  An event that we've been expecting for several months.  An event that we weren't sure which way things would go.

Last fall Tracie asked me if Abby would like to be a flower girl in the wedding.  I agreed, but only with the understanding that she might not want to participate.  Tracie was ok with that, and said she as ok with anything that happened.

We didn't do much practicing for the day.  We tried in the church, but Abby was too easily distracted.  Plus, the ceremony was going to be in a hotel, so it wouldn't be the same.  We just decided we would wing it and see how things do when the time came.

Well Friday was the rehearsal.  The wedding planner decided that it was ok if Abby and I walk down the aisle together.  She is more than willing to hold my hand and walk with me.

We practiced several times and she didn't have a problem with it at all.

Saturday, we made sure she got a good nap, she was fed.  She got dressed in her pretty green and white lacy dress.  She willingly kept the bow in her hair.

We congregated in the hallway outside the ceremony room.  She was given a basket of flower petals to hold and or scatter.  She loves playing with baskets and putting things in and taking them out.  She didn't understand that now was not the time to take them all out.  She was getting fussy and pissy and wanted me to hold me.  I tried not to pick her up because then I knew she wouldn't want to be put down.  I did the only thing I knew I could to keep her quiet, I stuck in the paci.

She calmed down and its was finally our turn.  She entered the room and she walked down the aisle with me hold my hand and holding her basket.  She smiled at all the people and came with me to the front.  We stopped in our spot. 

Then she saw Gene.

"Daddy!!!!"  "Gogee!!!" 

I just let her go to them.  Gene then took her out of the room so she wouldn't disrupt the rest of the ceremony.

She managed to hold it together for some pictures.  Thankfully the photographer didn't want to take very many. 

She sat nicely in the high chair and ate some dinner. 

Then, she discovered the dance floor.  Little bit had a wild time getting her groove on.  She twirled around and around and around for hours! 

She loved the colored lights and the music.

She didn't want to leave!! 

I made sure to bring her PJ's with her because I knew she would crash hard when we got in the car.  And she did.  She slept until 8:30 the next morning!  

It was great to see family and friends we hadn't seen in a long time.  Grammy got to come.  It was good for her to see how grown up Abby is getting. Its a shame that we only get together for weddings and funerals.  And those don't happen very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment